Joining a golf club has many advantages and benefits, compared to playing at different golf clubs. Lets take a look at some of the benefits and reasons to join a local country club.
(1) Most golf clubs, if not all golf clubs have a handicap tracking system, to keep track of your scores. You do not have to send your scorecard to a golf association for a legitimate handicap, to play in golf tournaments.
(2) Golf clubs have a facility with a locker room and restaurant as a meeting place. Therefore you get to know more fellow members, which make it a lot easier for you to find players to team up with.
(3) Youíre more likely to drive down to your local country club to practice, than you would at an unfamiliar golf course. More practice, means playing better golf.
(4) Belonging to a golf club makes you play with a better game plan approach, because of the familiarity of the golf course. Being familiar with a golf course and knowing what lies ahead, tends to make you think about your club selection.
(5) The yardage at the golf course on most golf holes becomes embedded in memory, which in turn gives you a better understanding of your golf club yardage capabilities.
(6) A lot of golf clubs have a trade off system, which allows you to play at different golf courses in return for other members from other clubs, to play your golf course.
(7) You are more likely to play in more golf tournaments. Golf clubs have a memberís bulletin board, keeping you informed on what upcoming events are coming up.
(8) Once you pay a yearly green fee at a country club, you get to play unlimited golf. Certain days may be restricted for after certain hours.
(9) If you join a golf club that has shares, the shares typically go up on the majority. It may have something to do with the golf frenzy.
(10) Last minute tee times are a lot easier to book, if the pro knows you belong to the golf club. The pro will simply find you other members to join up with. Members enjoy meeting other members of the club.
(11) If you play golf a lot. Belonging to a golf club will save you a lot of money in the long run.
There are numerous advantages and benefits in joining a nearby country club. Check out the phone book, for some local golf courses, or browse the Internet for courses near your hometown. Play a few golf courses first; to see which golf challenge you would enjoy the best.
About the author:
Learned to play golf as a caddie. Now running a discount tee time site at http://www.golfanchor.net
Picking Out The Ultimate Fishing Boat
You and your family are heading out early in the morning for a day of fishing in your brand new fishing boat. You hit that highway that leads to the lake, excited voices echoing throughout your SUV. Your wife and kids are just as delighted with...
How accurate are paintball guns?
Many paintball guns or makers are advertised as being more accurate, shooting farther or having a better trajectory over other paintball guns. But is this really true? Can one paintball gun be more accurate than another?
Horseracing: Basic form reading checklist/Betting guide
Horseracing: Basic form reading checklist/Betting guide This is a basic form reading checklist, most of you will already have your own techniques, but hopefully it may help you take some cash from the bookies in the future. If you are looking up...