Nowhere in recorded history is there witness to a babyís first words being, "Give me a cigarette and a shot of whiskey." Mini humans are not born with these vices. They are acquired. But, heck, you knew that. Let's assume that the babe adds a few years to his/her life and bumps into the game of golf. The stars and planets are in the correct alignment and Sam Snead becomes his golfing bud. Everyday they play golf. The "babe" watches Sam's sweet swing. Sam offers no advice.
The young prodigy watches the master, notices the still head, the full backswing and follow through. Through osmosis, the rhythm, and the tempo of the swing become part of his swing. Soon, they are both "swinging to music."
On the other hand, letís say the pup doesn't have this phenomenal happenstance and falls into the traps and pitfalls of other ways to "learn" the golf swing. He takes golf lessons, reads books, and devours golf magazine (and Internet) tips These methods address the thinking part of the brain, the cerebrum. Motor skills are not acquired with this part of the brain. In paragraph two above, the golf swing is learned the correct way. The swing is consistent, powerful, reliable, accurate, low maintenance, simple, and will last a life time.
In paragraph three above, the swing is contrived, complex, confusing, inconsistent, lacks power, and is never understood. The recipient is addicted to searching for the swing that the "lucky" kid owns. Those who have the "paragraph two" golf swing do not read golf tips and do not take golf lessons. Those who have acquired bad habits through the incorrect approach to finding the mysterious beautiful golf swing keep returning to the source of their bad habits. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the first sign of insanity. Are you starting to get it?
Scooooot up a little closer - so the Anti-Pros words don't fall on the floor before they reach your hammer, anvil, and stirrup...YOU ARE NOT BORN WITH BAD GOLF HABITS...YOU ACQUIRE THEM from some golf pros, bad advice, magazine golf tips, golf books, etc.
I have been in this game since the earth cooled. I get phone calls, letters, and e-mail every day from golfers of every skill. Their stories are always the same. They are confused and frustrated because some golf pro told them to do "such and such." Or a magazine tip that suggested some idiotic body maneuver the pretzel twins with the carnival would find impossible. Interested in facts? 99.9%, no make that 100%, of the problems golfers have today are not from lack of information. The source of their woes is bad golf information they have swallowed hoping and praying it would help them.
The typical golfer knows Way too much about what is NOT important and Very little
about what is!
To learn more about Jim's simple approach to learning your best golf swing in the shortest period of time visit his site at www.mcgolf.com.
- - - --
The Anti-Pro is NOT saying... "I know what I'm doing and NO one else does." The Anti-Pro articles are the effect of a 50 year study on what works and what does NOT work regarding improving ones golf game. In essence, MOST golf instruction will do more harm than good. How much is MOST??... It is likely that over 90% of golfers/students trade substantial money for ridiculous "tips" that are practiced and then become "bad" habits. Eventually students become frustrated, confused and quit golf thinking they are NOT smart enough or talented enough for the game. The golf instructor must understand how to activate the motor skill part of the students brain to reach the potential of that students capabilities. Less than 5% of all golf "instructors" are gifted enough to impact positive benefits for the student, the remaining 95% should be flipping burgers at some fast food diner.
About the Author
Introduced to golf in 1948 At age 15, students came to him at his family owned golf course from four surrounding states for lessons.
Jim attended Arizona State University at Tempe on a golf scholarship and graduated from the PGA Golf School in Long Beach California in 1960.
Houseboat Rentals : Vacations From Your Own Back Yard
If youíre the type that prefers the excitement of ongoing variety, then booking a mainstream vacation may not be for you. Among the many options from which there are to choose, houseboat vacations offer a non-stop, fun-in-the-sun experience which...
How A Golf Workout Routine Can Crush Your Competitors
A golf workout routine can be as simple as using a pair of hand weights (dumbbells), and doing 5-6 golf-specific exercises in less than 15 minutes. Now I know you have 15 minutes to dramatically improve your game and crush your playing partners and...
Baseball in Shanghai? Another American Sport Exported to China
As an athlete (or at least having been an athlete in the past) and a sports fan, one of the difficult things about finding myself on an extended stay in Shanghai, China (setting up sporting goods manufacturing and other business contacts) is the...